Tuesday 25 March 2014

Pataka Museum - Chocolate

What a fantastic trip. Making chocolates, drawing with chocolate, finding out interesting facts about chocolate and eating chocolate! :)


Mr Whittaker

Sketching with the dark chocolate!

The cacao beans.



Our plaster of paris fake chocolates.

What a masterpiece!


We painted our fake chocolates to make them look real:)



Whittaker's make 22 types of king-size blocks of chocolate.












Once the cacao pods have been picked they have two days to get the beans out. Then they have to be dried!



Finally, we decorated our chocolate boxes.  

4 comments:

  1. My favourite part of the trip was making the pretend chocolate. I'm going to trick Daddy when he gets home. by Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Room12 it's Keira from Room11 I love your blog you and Mrs Butler did a great job hope you have a good day because Room11 will

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi this is Lily. My favourite thing at skipping was when we (group one) did on your own skipping because I thought it was awesome.By Lily

    ReplyDelete
  4. my favourite bit of the choc museum was making fake chocolate because I tricked tons of people. Haha lol
    by Maclean

    ReplyDelete